Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Transparent

These are abstractions and tracings of the borders of places that are significant to me. They are stretched out and shriveled and repeated according to the way that I understand them to interact with each other in my life. Sometimes I wish they were all closer to this scale of size so I could strattle the environments of all of these places, in order to experience them all at once. Sometimes I am aware of the way a place may be changing in my absence. or how one place may be replacing the significance of another place, and I have mixed feelings about that. The transparency layers allow the "places' to interact in away that I did not have planned which, illustrates the emotional quandry that I just described. It also allows them to function as a whole, which represents my entire life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment