Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DIagrams





The first connection that I made with the word "diagrams" was the image of diagrams in a textbook especially science subjects. They usually show a movement or a process with simplified imagery( use of line) and a concise explanation of what is "happening" in the diagram. I decided that it would be fun to experiment with how to illustrate intangible phenomena, how line and space seemed to instantly connect to a feeling, has connotation.  In some instances I wrote the explanation first and then drew, but I also enjoyed the surprise finding/ defining what the  drawing  illustrates after I had drawn it. HTe simple action of scanning and printing the images distanced them from a tactile look, so that they would come across in a more scientifically "proven" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment